This diet doesn’t promise that you’ll lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks. In fact, it doesn’t make empty promises at all. The anti-inflammatory diet can literally slow the aging process in your body and prevent disease, not to mention it will leave you with more energy throughout the day, that’s a fact.
Don’t let this very un-sexy name turn you off from this eating plan. So what is inflammation? It’s a chronic condition that nearly every adult over 30 has whether they know it or not, and along with aging you it can lead to many debilitating illnesses including heart disease, arthritis, and cancer.
What are the rules?
- focus on a fiber-rich diet (try to consume 25 grams of fiber each day)
- This means eating TONS of whole grains, fruits and veggies
- Eat a minimum of 9 servings of fruit and veggies per day, it sounds like a lot but it’s easy to get used to
- Healthy fats like nuts, seeds olive oil, and avocado
- Beans and legumes
- Avoid processed sugars (which should be true on any healthy diet)
For an added boost of anti-inflammatory power eat ginger, garlic and tumeric any chance you get!
That’s it! Seriously, how does it work? The foods in this plan work hard to stabilize your blood sugar throughout the day and increase your metabolism. If you follow it you’ll be looking and feeling better in no time! It’s simple to stick, which means sustainable long-lasting results – yay!